none
SharePoint 2013 - update list item workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys.

I am trying to set a workflow on an attachment library that runs when an anonymous user has submitted a document (pdf, word,) something to that extent.

I want the workflow to update list 2 by way of an email address that they have entered in list 1,

1. they fill out all required info on a sharepoint 2013 survey app that has been made anonymous for outside users.
    2. At the end of the survey they are prompted to add an attachment, when the click on the attachment button they are sent to the newform.aspx of the attachment library where they fill on their email address (which be used as a validation in the workflow to make sure the WF adds the correct document to the correct email address)

sorry for the amateur question. but for someone reason my brain isnt making the connections haha if someone could walk me through this in lame mans terms that would be awesome haha. 

Thanks

Mike

• Edited by Mike_228 Monday, October 19, 2015 2:37 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 2:34 AM

Answers

• HI,

For your three question:

1. List: list which you want the update to happen on(data source).
    2. Filed:  filed you want to update in the data source.
    3. Find the list item:  Choose a filed from the selected list and a matching value that identifies the specific item you want from the data source. ( find the unique item from the selected list by email validation.)

Here is an article about update list item action for your reference:

http://www.documentmanagementworkflowinfo.com/workflow/use-update-list-item-action-sharepoint-designer-workflow.htm

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mike_228 Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:51 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:32 AM