none
WPF + Flow documents in windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using flowdocuments as templates in my wpf application to generate reports. When deployed on windows 7/vista, i am able to generate as many reports as possible..however on windows xp, the application crashes the second time I try to generate a report.(The report contains a minimum of 4 pages). The exception that i get on windows Xp is System.IO.FileNotFoundException ..... which does not add up ....as it is the same application that is deployed on a windows 7 and a vista machine.....again, the application would not have been able to generate the report the first time if the file was not present.......

Anyone who has experienced a similar issue with flow documents on windows xp .....and has found a solution ..please do get back to me...

Regards,

Ashish Chettri

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, Flow Document is supported by Windows XP not as well as Windows Vista and Windows 7. I didn’t encounter this issue in my daily work. Here is my suggestion/idea for this issue.

1. Install the latest hotfixes for Windows XP OS and .NET Framework.

2. If the .NET 4.0 is installed in Windows XP, I suggest setting the application’s target framework as 4.0.

If the above reply cannot help you. I suggest providing a simplified sample for us to reproduce this issue.

If I misunderstood or my points are incorrect, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice time!

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Yang,Chenfei Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:37 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:21 AM