Sharepoint 2010 Claims Based authentication RRS feed

• Question

• We recently migrated our SharePoint application from classic mode of authentication to claims based mode of authentication with the help of the following article.  http://donalconlon.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/configuring-forms-base-authentication-for-sharepoint-2010-using-iis7/ . Everything seems to be working , this is how our current login page looks like

Now sometimes during the day when I select Windows Auth, SharePoint does nothing . it won’t give me the dialog box to type in my credentials it just returns to the same login page. Now at this point I can select forms authentication and it will give me the option to type in my form credentials but selecting windows authentication simple does nothing.  The Quick easy fix to this is IIS reset as soon as I do IIS reset SharePoint will start prompting for windows credential and it works properly for the next couple of hours.

Any ideas as to why this is happening ?

• Edited by dharj Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:07 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:03 PM

Answers

• We wanted to use more then one Authentication provider and SQl seemed to be working fine . Thank you guys for your prompt replies , I opened a service ticket with Microsoft and problem seemed to be with the alternate mapping Urls. I had to get rid of all my alternate mapping url and redirect everyone to Https for this to work properly.

Now everything is working fine, I have been monitoring it for 2 days and haven't faced the same issue again.  Thank you once again for all the replies.

• Marked as answer by dharj Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:29 AM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:17 AM

All replies