Business Rules & Recommended Tools RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking at Mosaico, NxBre, Infrex, QuickRules and I'm wondering which, if any, would be a good choice for implementing a Business Rules system.

My basic requirement is to be able to define business rules outside the code base so that when they change I don't have to recompile and redeploy the base application. I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with any of these tools and if so, which one did you prefer? What are the major features I should be looking for?

I am not certain how complex my business rules will be. I work for a county government and from what I've seen so far our rules are fairly esoteric. Many are not simple and straight forward.

Appreciate any comments or input into this subject.
    Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:31 PM

All replies

• I used QuickRules.NET on a project about 1.5 years ago and it was an excellent tool.  Especially for the price then.  I am not sure how it is priced now.  Back then the support team was very responsive.

QuickRules was a true rules engine at its heart.  It also performed extremely well and was very flexible.

Friday, April 14, 2006 7:26 PM
  • If you need to manage a large number of business rules (hundreds to thousands), then it may be wise to invest on a Business Rule Management System (BRMS). ILOG provides a BRMS for the .NET plaform and is called ILOG Rules for .NET - www.ilog.com/products/rulesnet/. ILOG is a leader in business rules technology. You can deploy your rulesets as .BRC files and if you need to change the business rules, you just need to redeploy the corresponding .BRC files.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 10:14 AM
  • I also had good experience with ILOG rules (although on the Java platform)

Arnon

Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:10 PM