none
Persistent registry RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I enabled (I guess..) my Wince60 image (iMX25) to have a hive persistent registry.

I added into the plaftorm.reg file the following:

; @CESYSGEN IF FILESYS_FSREGHIVE
    ; HIVE BOOT SECTION
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
    "SYSTEMHIVE"="\\Registry\\system.hv"
    "PROFILEDIR"="\\Registry"
    "Start DevMgr"=dword:1
    "DefaultUser"="User"
    "Flags"=dword:3
    ; END HIVE BOOT SECTION
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF FILESYS_FSREGHIVE

When i boot i see the Registy folder and a couple of file inside, but also two (???) folders of the Flash storage, 'MyStorage' and 'MyStorage2'.

The reason of the persistent registry is to avoid to type every time the wifi key, but when i connect the AP, the OS always ask me the key.

My questions are:

- is it enough to save the wifi key? Do I need some extra stuff?

- should i point inside the Flash storage (="\MyStorage") or the \\Registry folder is automatically on Flash ?

Thanks

SteMMo
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:41 AM

Answers

• I suspect that you do not have a persistent registry.   If you have a \Registry folder, then no it isn't.  When you have it set up properly, the Registry folder will be a sub-folder of your persistent drive unless you have mounted the drive as root.

One test would be to manually change something in the registry and see if that change survives a reset.   Keep in mind that you must flush the registry for changes to be saved.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by SteMMo Friday, February 25, 2011 8:47 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hi SteMMo,

The prefer network key you would like to connect on a reboot will be stored in the file system. You could use a ROM only file system on your Flash device to get that done. The file system will be persistent and also your hive registry will be within that file system.

Best regards,

Mike E

Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:20 PM
  • I suspect that you do not have a persistent registry.   If you have a \Registry folder, then no it isn't.  When you have it set up properly, the Registry folder will be a sub-folder of your persistent drive unless you have mounted the drive as root.

One test would be to manually change something in the registry and see if that change survives a reset.   Keep in mind that you must flush the registry for changes to be saved.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by SteMMo Friday, February 25, 2011 8:47 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:10 PM