none
Microsft Word 2010: Keep section together without page break RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to display some information in a table per employee in Microsoft word 2010. For next employee if the rows are split between 2 pages, then i need to display that employee information in next page without splitting. How can i do that?

Thanks,

Vinu

Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Vinu

The Table.Row object has a property that controls whether the cells in the row are allowed to split across pages. In the UI it's in Table/Design/Properties, the Row tab.

In the object model: objDocument.Tables(indexValue).Rows.AllowBreakAcrossPages = false

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinu,

Have you tried playing with margins?

or Maybe using the "AutoFit"

Hope This Helps

Thanks for everything, all your help is well appreciated
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:35 AM
  • Hi Vinu

The Table.Row object has a property that controls whether the cells in the row are allowed to split across pages. In the UI it's in Table/Design/Properties, the Row tab.

In the object model: objDocument.Tables(indexValue).Rows.AllowBreakAcrossPages = false

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:38 AM
  • I cannot find such a thing in the UI as "Table/Design/Properties".

I need disallow splitting tables between pages. Any help?

Friday, December 23, 2011 3:49 PM
  • "mfominykh" wrote in message news:12d82301-e60f-497a-aad4-139538c8a29d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    I cannot find such a thing in the UI as "Table/Design/Properties".

I need disallow splitting tables between pages. Any help?

To keep a whole table on one page, you’ll need the “Keep with next” option in the Paragraph dialog box; be sure to select all table rows except for the final one. On the Home tab, click the dialog launcher (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Paragraph group. If you are using an older version of Word, click Format | Paragraph instead. You’ll find the option on the Line and Page Breaks tab. For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/keeptableon1page.htm.

For what it’s worth, Table Tools Design and Table Tools Layout are contextual tabs on the ribbon in Word 2007 and 2010; these only display if the insertion point is inside a table.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Friday, December 23, 2011 4:23 PM