Unable to create a package for a Windows Phone 8.1 app on VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I am attempting to create a package for an app, but the following message appears on the "Select and Configure Packages" screen: "The option to create x86 package is disabled because it's not a valid package that can be published to the Windows Phone Store." Upon clicking the "Create" button I receive multiple errors (CS1061) about UI events (such as the tapped event for buttons) that I deleted a long time ago. Building the application through Build>Build Solution produces no such errors and runs fine on the Windows Phone emulators. 

I am running Windows 10 on my laptop.

Any suggestions to fix these errors will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:09 AM

Answers

• Matthew Wu,

Thank you for your response. I was able to successfully create a package for ARM after deploying the app to an unlocked Windows Phone (the previous errors that I mentioned did not appear). The only error that did appear was this: "App manifest references the image [image location] which does not have a candidate in main app package." The fix for this was that I selected "Never" for creating App Bundles as suggested in this post: 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3857fb9d-dbd5-4eb8-aa75-fe4c47f26875/wp81-universal-error-image-does-not-have-a-candidate-in-main-app-package-while-creating-a-package?forum=WindowsPhonePreviewSDK

Thank you again for all your help.

• Marked as answer by Abunai129 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:39 AM
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:39 AM

All replies

• Make sure you have selected Windows Phone (Universal) and Device options before creating the store packages. Of course wou cannot create an x86 package for the Windows Phone store as Windows Phone devices are not x86 devices.
    Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:26 PM
  • Thank you for your response. Where would I go exactly to check if Windows Phone (Universal) and Device options are selected?
    Sunday, September 17, 2017 5:48 AM
  • Hi Abunai129,

The X86 package is targeted for desktop device family so the option is disabled for Windows Phone project.

You just need to create your package from a universal project and check the ARM option so that you could generate your package correctly.

Regarding the error message, you might share the specific error message if it still exists or you can open a new project and copy the code to try it again.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 7:39 AM
  • Matthew Wu,

Thank you for your response. I was able to successfully create a package for ARM after deploying the app to an unlocked Windows Phone (the previous errors that I mentioned did not appear). The only error that did appear was this: "App manifest references the image [image location] which does not have a candidate in main app package." The fix for this was that I selected "Never" for creating App Bundles as suggested in this post: 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3857fb9d-dbd5-4eb8-aa75-fe4c47f26875/wp81-universal-error-image-does-not-have-a-candidate-in-main-app-package-while-creating-a-package?forum=WindowsPhonePreviewSDK

Thank you again for all your help.

• Marked as answer by Abunai129 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:39 AM
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:39 AM