none
Creating a WCF web service that will be comsumed by a PHP web app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I need to develop a web service for our Property Management System. I've never developed a web service before (although I've consumed web services one or twice from my .Net WinForms app). I've been doing a little bit of research and it appears that WCF is the way to go today as far as .Net development is concerned. (If I am wrong, please correct me).

However, I want to make sure that the WCF web service will be able to be consumed by a PHP 5.5 web app. Is there anything special I need to do to make sure the PHP 5.5 web app that is being developed alongside my WCF web service will be able to connect and interact with the web service? I understand web services work on industry standard XML/SOAP/HTTP technologies, so I am assuming that, although I am developing the web service in Microsoft's proprietary .NET platform, ultimately it will expose itself in the aforementioned open technologies? And therefore the PHP web app should have no trouble consuming said web service? Am I correct in this assumption?

Thank you

Fabricio Rodriguez Pretoria, South Africa

• Edited by Fabs1977 Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:25 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:25 AM

Answers

All replies