need up/down arrow key in the on-screen keyboard

General discussion

• as a developer i run a variety of ide's and dev tools, visual studio, eclipse, cmd, cygwin, to name a few. when i want to recall the last command, the up/down arrow keys are a quick way to cycle through previous commands at the prompt. this is bit annoying to say the least because i would need to type in the whole command every time to run a command that i typed in earlier.

another really nice thing to have is F5, F10, F11 keys for running and debugging for use during development in visual studio. so if something like a function key (e.g. on a laptop) can be implemented to enable F-keys, e.g. F5, that would be really useful.

regards,

jason

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:56 AM

All replies

• Sorry for the question, but you really think to code using the on-screen keyboard? I am not sure if you can do any serious programming like this...
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:20 PM
  • when i want to recall the last command, the up/down arrow keys are a quick way to cycle through previous commands at the prompt.

if something like a function key (e.g. on a laptop) can be implemented to enable F-keys, e.g. F5, that would be really useful.

@ Jason

Run...  osk.exe  or put that in your Startup folder.   Or put  Run... in your Taskbar and re-use  osk.exe  from there.

---

Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:26 PM