Change default scope on a Search Box / Advanced Search Box web part RRS feed

• Question

• Dangerously close to solving this one...

Need a search box resting above my "Knowledge Base" library that searches only within the Knowledge Base. This way users will be able to easily search for solutions - it will be intuitive.

I've created a scope that only searches within the Knowledge Base and am trying to apply it, by default, to this search box. This search box is intended to be dedicated to this task.

The following MSDN blog has been of great use, but I can't quite get it to work:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mattbremer/archive/2009/08/17/set-particular-scope-for-advanced-search-box-web-part-without-using-scopes-list.aspx

I've appended my "Knowledge Base" to the Query nodes within the properties field of my "Advanced Search Box" web part and targeted a dedicated results page.

After all this I still end up with results resembling the "All Sites" scope. I've tried modifying the Search Core Results web part on the results page by necking it down to my "Knowledge Base" scope, but this appears to have no impact.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Seems so simple though, a "Knowledge Base" dedicated search box...

FYI I am using SP 2007

• Edited by Shrout1 Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:58 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:57 AM

Answers