none
Switching from office365 to another email provider, safe to do with azure subscription?

Question

• Don't want to knock office365, but we want to switch to another email/business provider.  Our azure accounts are with this email registered with Office365, but that's the live.com account and is separate from the office365.  I'll still be able to log into azure portal with the same email and password I normally use right?

I just don't want to lose get get locked out of my azure servers.

Monday, May 1, 2017 5:03 AM

All replies

• As long as you're signing in with Live/Microsoft accounts moving the email provider to somewhere else shouldn't break things. If you login in with an O365/AAD account it is of course different.

What I would do as a precaution is to add a different live account as an admin (like @gmail.com, @Outlook.com, @something) just in case something goes wrong with the mapping between the subscription and the accounts. (Because the Azure portal doesn't really like live accounts matching O365 verified domains.) You can always remove the account afterwards when you have verified things to be working.

Monday, May 1, 2017 2:46 PM