locked
FatalExecutionEngineException

    Question

  • I am currently working on a windows store app (Windows 8) and I am encountering a FatalExecutionEngineException whenever I go back and forth from my main page and the 2nd page. However, I can't debug since there is no exception details and no traces of call stack. I saw some threads discussing regarding this but i think it is already out dated. I would like to ask if there is already a fix for this issue?
    Thursday, June 05, 2014 3:35 AM

All replies

  • If you're completely updated then you don't have a fix for it. I would recommend attaching WinDbg to the process to figure out why it's crashing. If this isn't something you can do, you should open a support case for assistance.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Thursday, June 05, 2014 1:15 PM
    Moderator
  • tnx for the reply Matt. I have updated my working environment however it didn't fix the issue. I'll try to use WinDbg if I can identify the issue.
    Friday, June 06, 2014 8:59 AM
  • OK - let us know if you find anything interesting.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Monday, June 23, 2014 12:13 PM
    Moderator