Create new shared code project for existing apps

Question

• I have an app for both Win 8.1 and WP8. I will update the WP8 app to WP8.1/universal app. How can I add the shared code project in the solution for this app?

I can currently create the "other" project for each of them, but I already have the other project. I just want to add the "shared" code project to the solution.

In the new project there is no such "shared" code project template.

-Shubhan

Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:47 AM

All replies

• Create a new Universal app project and copy and update the code from your existing project. Note that you won't be able to use the existing Silverlight code as is in a Universal app project. You will need to port it to use Windows.UI.Xaml, etc. If you want to stay in Silverlight then you can automatically upgrade the app to a Silverlight 8.1 app.

--Rob

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:07 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the reply.

So  If I update my wp8 app to universal app separately and then copy it over to the new template it will work?

What about existing users? when they upgrade to wp8.1 and get the update app which is a new project will it cause a issue with its installation e.g. live tiles? Previously there were certain token names in the manifest that had to be same?

-Shubhan

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:13 AM