none
cplmain.rc changes not appearing in control panel applet in WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• In our Windows Embedded Compact 7 OS design, I have cloned the control panel code from WINCE700\public\wceshellfe\
    oak\ctlpnl\cplmain, to WINCE700\platform\ourPlatformName\SRC\ctlpnl\cplmain in order to make changes to some of the control panel applets (power, and backlight dialogs).

My changes to the source code files are present in the image, but changes to the cplmain.rc file in WINCE700\platform\ourPlatformName\SRC\ctlpnl\cplmain to change some of the dialog box appearance, do not propagate through to the image.

Does anyone have any idea how to get changes to cplmain.rc to appear in the image?
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:09 PM

All replies

• I am not looking at code right now, but I believe that if you look at your makeimg.out you will find that cplmain is a target of res2res during makeimg.   So you need to copy you cplmain.rc (or res) to the appropriate folder so that it will be used instead.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:44 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion.
    I don't appear to have a makeimg.out file, but I have looked in the build.log file, and this does not list cplmain.rc anywhere. So I would assume that the cplmain.rc file present in the cplmain source directory is not being used to build the resources.
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Right, makeimg.out is not created anymore...   But in your build.log, after running makeimg, you should find a line similar to:

Res2Exe: Info: makeimg: run command: res2exe -r -c C:\WINCE700\OSDesigns\MyOSDesign\RelDir\MyFlatReleaseDir\0409\cplmain.res C:\WINCE700\OSDesigns\MyOSDesign\RelDir\MyFlatReleaseDir\cplmain.cpl

Which in this case shows that it is replacing the res info in cplmain.clp with %_FLATRELEASEDIR%\0409\cplmain.res

UPDATE:  Makeimg.out does not appear to be created when running Sysgem (cebuild), but is created when running makeimg directly.   The running of res2res though is dependent on need, so if it isn't needed because the files have already been processed by a previous run of makeimg.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

• Edited by Bruce EitmanModerator Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:54 PM Added update about creating makeimg.out
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:30 PM