locked
Submitting Win 8.1 / Win Phone 8.1 app fails at certification process RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I'm trying to update my app via the new dashboard for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Phone. Therefore I uploaded two packages/bundles to a submission: one with ARM and the other one with x86 (both with different appxmanifest). 
    Locally checking with App Cert Kit works fine, but it fails on the Store certification process with basically three errors on the x86 package:
    a) The version specified by OSMinVersion attribute is not valid. / The version specified by OSMaxVersionTested attribute is not valid. (it is defined as 6.3.1 in both cases)
    b) The bundle includes packages with an invalid architecture. (it's only x86)
    c) image error like 'Image reference "images\x86\SplashScreen.png": The image "images\x86\SplashScreen.scale-100.png" failed the size restrictions of 480 X 800.' (this resolution should be applied to the Windows Phone 8.1 splashscreen, not the desktop)

    I guess the association of package to Win8.1/Win Phone8.1 version is erroneous. How can I make sure a x86 package is linked to the Windows Store app and not to the Phone Store version?

    Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!

    //edit: I noticed that running the latest version of the WACK tool also gives me these three errors. So I changed the image size. But VS2013 won't even let me build that, because of wrong image size :/ And I'm unsure which OSMin/MaxVersion to use - isn't 6.3.1 for Windows 8.1?

    //edit2: tried even to change the image size on a Win10 with VS2015 - can't even build the project with the required image size.


    • Edited by kerosin_ Monday, September 7, 2015 3:34 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 10:22 AM

Answers

  • Okay, got the solution....

    This was my package definition:

    <Package xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest"
             xmlns:m2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2013/manifest"
             xmlns:m3="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2014/manifest"
             xmlns:mp="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2014/phone/manifest">
    
    ....
    
    </Package>

    I removed the xmlns:mp attribut and everything works as expected. App Cert Kit 3.4 could deal with that erroneous definition - the new WACK from the Win10 obviously couldn't.

    • Marked as answer by kerosin_ Tuesday, September 8, 2015 8:55 AM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 8:54 AM