none
how to put symbol in label

Question

• Hi,

I have just started using Visual Studio. First application I want to do is to bring what I did in excel VB to Visual studio to run in independently from excel.

First problem I have is that I would like to have symbol and normal Latin letters forming a string for a label on a windows form. I was able to do that in label on form in excel. It looks like this: (sorry forum did not allow me to insert image).

So basically text in the label was: "Dz/rev" where D stands for  "delta" (triangle, capital D in symbol font) )

When I tried to do the same in VS using System.Windows.Forms.Label I did not succeed. I am getting "-" instead of "delta" (sorry, also was not allowed to insert image)

So in VS when I try to compose this text I have in excel I am getting exactly "-z/rev" so instead of "delta" I have "-"

How can I make it so I have this symbol "delta" visible in this label text in VS?

Cris.

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Than you for suggestion.

This problem was solved some time ago in this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/b9a47ef2-8342-4108-a94f-eb338c1ccb17/how-to-put-symbol-in-label?forum=visualstudiogeneral

In essence I needed to place symbol and was trying to copy some other symbol.

Cris.

Cris.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just according your description above, it not easy to understand your issue and need. You could upload your images in OneDrive and then share the URLs.

Green.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

Than you for suggestion.

This problem was solved some time ago in this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/b9a47ef2-8342-4108-a94f-eb338c1ccb17/how-to-put-symbol-in-label?forum=visualstudiogeneral

In essence I needed to place symbol and was trying to copy some other symbol.

Cris.

Cris.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:26 PM