MSSQLSERVER Event ID: 1479 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured SQL Server 2005 Mirroring using witness server.I have used certification method for authentication.Mirroring is working fine .

I am continously geting below error.Please tell me how to avoid this error.and How I can supress this error popping into eventlogs?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (2)
    Event ID: 1479
    Date:  3/31/2008
    Time:  2:32:23 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: BLR-BKP-DBS
    Description:
    The mirroring connection to "TCP://TPA-Grouper-DBS.indorion.org:7024" has timed out for database "intranet_team_db" after 10 seconds without a response.  Check the service and network connections.

Monday, March 31, 2008 9:49 AM

Answers

• I think due to network problems the principal server is unable to establish connection 
    to mirror server. The default timeout value is 10 seconds. May be you can increase the time
    out value to 60 seconds to avoid this to some extent. Refer this link for more information
    regarding connection timeout, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190913.aspx

You need to execute the below command in principal server to increase timeout period to 60sec
    Code Snippet

ALTER DATABASE DBName SET PARTNER TIMEOUT 60

You can check this value in mirroring_connection_timeout column in sys.database_mirroring

- Deepak
    Monday, March 31, 2008 10:15 AM