Get the row number of item in dataset using VBA in ssrs (reporting services MS BI 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem but can't. There it is :

I got in mdx query for ssrs (reporting services) ; for example the folowing data after running my data set :

week of year                  Item 1         Item 2            Item 3                        item 4 (ranked of the item 1 in the shop)

2015-15                      shoe              Nike              tap                                1

2015-14                      shoe              Nike              tap                                3

2015-14                      shoe              Nike              tap                                3

2015-13                      shoe              Nike              tap                                4

2015-12                      shoe              Nike             Basketball shoe               3

2015-15                       shoe              addidas        Football shoe                   4

2015-14                       shoe              addidas        Football shoe                   10

2015-13                       shoe              addidas        Football shoe                   9

2015-12                       shoe              addidas        Football shoe                   5

2015-15                         top garment     t-shirt             Reebook                     2

2015-15                         top garment     sweat shirt        Reebook                   5

...Etc

I'll try in table of my reporting ssrs to get for example the item 4 between 2015-15 and 2015-12 of shoe, addiadas, fotball shoe (line 6 until 8). 

Can someone help me pls?

• Moved by Weiwei Cai Thursday, May 19, 2016 6:52 AM not VS IDE issue
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Adghar,

If you want to get come records from the dataset results, you can add a filter on dataset or tablix to limit returned data. See: Add a Filter (Report Builder and SSRS).

If issue persists, please share screenshots about dataset results and expected report render results.

Best Regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Adghar,

please explain your problem clearly with screen shot.

also show your expected result.

Thank you!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:05 AM
  • In fact, i have the folowing result for (see the picture) but i need to get CHAM (but CHAM it's an example, i got more than that item , for example VETH,...Etc), year 2015, week_number 201507 and 27 (it's the ranked) but in my column ssrs report. Someone can help me pls?

Sunday, May 22, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Hi Adghar,

If you want to get come records from the dataset results, you can add a filter on dataset or tablix to limit returned data. See: Add a Filter (Report Builder and SSRS).

If issue persists, please share screenshots about dataset results and expected report render results.

Best Regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:15 AM