Chat Program Help RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I want to make a chat program for a server so that the members can talk back and forth, I don't know how to make it to where the members don't have to have my IP. From what I know, you need to have a IP and Port. I wan't to make a custom IP like ExampleIP for people to connect instead of a actual IP address which people could hack. Let me simplify this. Instead of having my IPv4 for the IP, I wan't it to be text. That people can't hack. 
    Friday, September 30, 2016 12:52 AM

Answers

• Okay, I want to make a chat program for a server so that the members can talk back and forth, I don't know how to make it to where the members don't have to have my IP. From what I know, you need to have a IP and Port. I wan't to make a custom IP like ExampleIP for people to connect instead of a actual IP address which people could hack. Let me simplify this. Instead of having my IPv4 for the IP, I wan't it to be text. That people can't hack. 

Host the server on a WebSite so the users can use a name to access your website like www.google.com and then a DNS will provide the users program with your websites IP address. The server and chat applications should use an available port provided by the IANA if they still provide that list which would be a port number, for the protocol your chat app uses (probably TCP), that is not used (is unassigned) by some other app typically see List of TCP and UDP port numbers

Amost anything can probably be hacked if it is connected to the internet.

La vida loca

Friday, September 30, 2016 1:58 AM