locked
Connection String Error when using MS SQL Server Report Builder RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have a SP13 list that houses time keeping data for contracted staff. The list functions properly, but recently my manager requested that the time output be cleaned up vs using the excel dump feature on the list ribbon. So, I created a Reports library within SP13 and added a Report Data Source (.rsds) and set it up to connect to the list. I input the URL to the SP13 list and clicked "Test Connection" and it was successful.I also set the data source to "Enable this data source".

    Next I added a Report Builder Report and opened it via MS SQL Server Report Builder. When adding the Data Source I select "Use a dataset embedded in my report", then choose the same Report Data Source that i configured earlier. When i click on Query builder and input my syntax:

    <RSSharePointList xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <ListName>Contract1</ListName>
      <ViewFields>
        <FieldRef Name="Title" />
        <FieldRef Name="Date" />
        <FieldRef Name="Start" />
        <FieldRef Name="End" />
        <FieldRef Name="Month" />
        <FieldRef Name="Work_x0020_Week" />
        <FieldRef Name="Calc_x0020_Total_x0020_Hrs" />
        <FieldRef Name="Day" />
        <FieldRef Name="Comments" />
        <FieldRef Name="Break_x0020_Start" />
        <FieldRef Name="Break_x0020_End" />
        <FieldRef Name="Break_x0020_Total" />
        <FieldRef Name="Contract" />
        <FieldRef Name="Author" />
        <FieldRef Name="Editor" />
        <FieldRef Name="Modified" />
        <FieldRef Name="Created" />
        <FieldRef Name="ID" />
        <FieldRef Name="Contractor_x0020_Name" />
        <FieldRef Name="Office"/>
      </ViewFields>
      <Query>
        <Where>
          <IsNotNull>
            <FieldRef Name="Title" />
          </IsNotNull>
        </Where>
      </Query>
    </RSSharePointList>

    I get an error message that states:

    " Exception of Type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown. There is no Web named "/sites/Time/Lists/Contract1/AllItems.aspx/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx"

    My data source connection string is https://servername/sites/Time/Lists/Contract1/View1.aspx. I am not sure where that web name is coming from or how to correct it to link to the data out on SharePoint. Did i set up the .rsds wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:54 PM

All replies

  • Hi Gee OTTO,

    According to your description, you could try to modify you connection string according to

    Connection String.

    Try change it 

    https://MySharePointWeb/MySharePointSite/Subsite without the list name.

    regards,

    Lukas

     


    MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 5:38 AM