none
ShowDialog() RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application in which I try to open a windows dialog when the user clicks on the Calendar view.

when the user clicks on Calendar view It returns immediately without ever showing the user anything, but for me the dialog pops up.

Can anyone assist why the windows dialog fails to pop up.

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Chester Hong Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:00 AM Outlook add-in issue (From:Windows Forms General)
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• when the user clicks on Calendar view It returns immediately without ever showing the user anything, but for me the dialog pops up.

Does it mean it fails on different machines? Or are you running on a debug mode?

Can you share some more information?

Regards Vallarasu S. FSharpMe.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:36 AM
  • Yes this happens on two different machine, it is not in the debug mode.

The dll is added as an add-in in Outlook and on the Calendar view when the user tries to create a meeting, this windows dialog is being pop up for gathering some info from the user. This windows dialog does not pop up for the user while it does for me and other users.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hi kk_2011,

Base on your latest post, you are working on an Outlook add-in application.

I'll move the thread from the "Windows Forms General" to "Outlook for Developers", because it is more related to Outlook developing issues.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:58 AM
  • show us the code for popping out this dialog.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:38 AM
  • And the Outlook version, type of data store (Exchange mailbox or PST file) and any other useful information for debugging your problem.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "DamianD" <=?utf-8?B?RGFtaWFuRA==?=> wrote in message news:a23d77c2-a018-4bc9-ac30-e23be9ef66ee...
    show us the code for popping out this dialog.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:07 PM