none
SQL Server 2005 Enterprise is not upgrading to SQL Server 2014 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I was using SQL 2005 Enterprise with windows 7, but after upgrading to Windows 10. it stopped running, because SQL 2k5 Ent is not supported with Windows 10. Now I am trying to upgrade SQL 2005 Enterprise version to SQL 2014 Enterprise version, but it's giving error "

TITLE: Upgrade to SQL Server 2014
    ------------------------------
    There are validation errors on this page. Click OK to close this dialog box. Review errors at the bottom of the setup page, then provide valid parameters or click Help for more information.
    ------------------------------
    BUTTONS:

OK
    ------------------------------" 

Previous SQL 2k5 Enterprise installation was x86. I have tried x86 installer too but no luck. Can somebody please help me to upgrade my installation please.

Kind regards,

Muhammad Awais Shabbir

Muhammad Awais Shabbir

Saturday, January 27, 2018 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Muhammad Awais Shabbir,

Could you please locate the summary and detail installation log (How to: View and Read SQL Server Setup Log Files) and store them in a network disk, then share it to us for further analysis?

It is a supported path to upgrade SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2014, because Windows 10 requires SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 or a later update, I suggest you using an installation media of SQL Server 2014 with Service Pack 1 to install it again.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 1:19 AM