none
Kinect software on linx 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, will the linx 10 64bit 4GB ram 64GB storage run the kinect v1.8 or kinect v2 software?

I have both cameras prefer the V2 but ok with V1 x

many thanks in advance.

• Edited by Exocetuk Saturday, October 12, 2019 2:04 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 2:01 PM

Answers

• From what I see, the CPU is quite weak compared to a 4th gen i7(which launched about 2 years before the Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8300 used in Linx). Can't say for sure but I doubt it could hold the v2 for more than color+depth alone. Even that might not have worked properly.

But the main reason why I believe you can't use the v2 is that the Linx 10 64bit  only has a USB2.0 port. Kinect v2 requires USB3.0.

The v1, even though I haven't used it, is supposed to be much less greedy about resources so it should be usable. In case you are inquiring to order the Linx, I'd advise you to look again. Or if you have access to one, try finding a v1 app(either a sample from the SDK or a third party) and try it out.

• Proposed as answer by Nikolaos Patsiouras Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Exocetuk Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:14 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• From what I see, the CPU is quite weak compared to a 4th gen i7(which launched about 2 years before the Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8300 used in Linx). Can't say for sure but I doubt it could hold the v2 for more than color+depth alone. Even that might not have worked properly.

But the main reason why I believe you can't use the v2 is that the Linx 10 64bit  only has a USB2.0 port. Kinect v2 requires USB3.0.

The v1, even though I haven't used it, is supposed to be much less greedy about resources so it should be usable. In case you are inquiring to order the Linx, I'd advise you to look again. Or if you have access to one, try finding a v1 app(either a sample from the SDK or a third party) and try it out.

• Proposed as answer by Nikolaos Patsiouras Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Exocetuk Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:14 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:39 PM
  • Thank you for the information, I was given the tablet in question and wanted to see if it was of use to me so as not to buy new if not required. once again thank you for your input and information.
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:10 PM