locked
Azure App Service Migration Tool Won't Let Me Select My MSDN Azure Account Tenant RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am trying to use the Azure App Service Migration Assistant to migrate a local (workstation) IIS website to my MSDN developer Azure account. I also manage a corporate Azure account, i.e., a different tenant. I'm running on a Windows 10 workstation linked to my personal Microsoft account; that is, I log into my workstation using my personal (developer) Microsoft account. I have an MSDN license that is linked to my personal MS account under which I run Visual Studio and VS Team Services. I run Office 365 on my workstation linked to the corporate tenant.
    When I run the Azure App Service Migration Assistant to migrate my local IIS website, the migration app only allows me to migrate to the corporate tenant, i.e. it's the only one I can select. How do I change this to migrate to my MSDN developer Azure account?

    pmBrewer

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:36 PM

Answers

  • In testing this on my account it looks like its checking the logged in user of the machine, I only see my corporate subscriptions as well. If you need to deploy to an app in another subscription, try the "deploy using existing publishing settings" option. This will allow you to download a publishing profile from any web app in any subscription and deploy.
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:04 PM

All replies

  • In testing this on my account it looks like its checking the logged in user of the machine, I only see my corporate subscriptions as well. If you need to deploy to an app in another subscription, try the "deploy using existing publishing settings" option. This will allow you to download a publishing profile from any web app in any subscription and deploy.
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:04 PM
  • Yup. I found this article "Publish an application to Azure App Service by importing publish settings"  for creating a .PublishSettings file. You also have to download the migration assistant from here because the other versions I found did not have the option to use a settings file. Once you get the settings (XML) file from Azure App Services, you have to add the attribute originalsitename="<IIS sitename>" for it to work.

    pmBrewer

    Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:09 PM