none
Mail App for Office in Outlook Web App requires users to hit 'retry', then 'start' - then works fine everytime RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed an Outlook Mail App which loads perfectly in the Desktop version of Outlook 2013 . The problem I have is that when I try to activate the app in the Outlook Web App, I have to click through some errors before the app will show - which it does perfectly afterwards.

When I first click on the app I receive the error:

App Error Something went wrong and we couldn't start this app. Please try again later or contact your system administrator.

Then when I click 'retry' I get a second error:

App Error This app may not load properly, but you can still try to start it.

I then click 'Start' and my web app page loads and functions perfectly fine.

I have used F12 tools in IE to discover that the content of my page is being downloaded with every error message - it just doesn't display in the window and shows the error instead. I am not doing any JavaScript to interact with mail item inside the app - at the moment it simply shows some text.

I'm hosting via my Office 365 account and Windows Azure Websites using a self-signed certificate, although I'm not sure how relevant that is because I've been getting the same issue when running the app under localhost as well.

Any ideas? This is driving me mad!

Many thanks,

Paul

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:31 PM

Answers