WCF service method as WF activity RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use WCF service method in Windows Workflow. It was working fine before but all of sudden getting the following error:

The activity 'Send' with OperationName='GetTaskById' must specify either the Endpoint or EndpointConfigurationName property.

Added WCF service reference in WF project library

<binding name="BasicHttpBinding_ITaskService" />
    <endpoint address="http://localhost:59137/Tasks.svc" binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="BasicHttpBinding_ITaskService" contract="TasksService.ITaskService" name="BasicHttpBinding_ITaskService" />

Monday, September 22, 2014 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi caxfax,

Welcome to workflow forum.

According to the your description above, you want to use WCF service in workflow. First it's recommended to check how to configuring bindings for Windows Communication Foundation Services here.

In addition, you can consume a WCF service from a Workflow where both the service and the workflow live in the same web site.  See: How to consume a WCF Service from a WF4 Workflow 

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 29, 2014 10:25 AM
  • Caxfax,

You indicate that the workflow was successfully sending the WCF service requests.

Did you rebuild anything? Did the service change such that the workflow would need to have its service reference changed? How did you add the activities to your workflow after you added the service reference?

Jim

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Pengzhen Song Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:54 PM