Azure Stream Analytics Pricing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a doubt about how Stream Analytics pricing works. 

I've seen in the pricing calculator that you pay for standard streaming units. Does it refer to Stream Analytics Jobs? I mean, you have to pay for each job and hours of usage? Or is it about the amount of messages the job is processing?

Let's say I have already a SA Job working. There is not much activity so I am paying for just 1 unit. If I create a second job, do I have to pay twice? Or does it only depend on the amount of messages processed? 

Thank you in advance.

Monday, June 10, 2019 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Francisco,

As a cloud service, Stream Analytics is optimized for cost. There are no upfront costs involved - you only pay for the streaming units you consume, and the amount of data processed. There is no commitment or cluster provisioning required, and you can scale the job up or down based on your business needs.

While creating stream Analytics Job, if you created a Stream Analytics job with streaming unit = 1, it will be billed $0.11/hour.

If you created a Stream Analytics job with streaming unit with N, it will be billed $0.11 * N/hour.

Hope this helps.

Monday, June 10, 2019 9:39 AM
  • So if I create 2 jobs, each with streaming unit = 1, it will be billed 2*0.11$/hour, right?

Thanks!!

Monday, June 10, 2019 11:48 AM
  • Hi Francisco,

Yes, it’s correct.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:21 AM