Windows 8 does not work on boot

Question

• I have upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 8. I worked well for 1 week. Now suddenly there is a problem. When I boot my pc, the Windows splash screen shows for sometime and then the screen goes blank, Then it shows the Lock screen (the splash screen you get when you press windows+L) and then the screen goes blank again and then it shows the logon screen. This process goes in a loop and nothing seems to work. Thus I am unable to start and use my pc.
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• Windows8 is still in a bugy state. You shouldn't make it your primary OS, as things like this can go wrong. I'd suggest reinstalling it.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:28 PM
  • If you haven't already done so, I suggest you update the drivers on your computer to the latest Windows 7 drivers.

Since the manufacturers have not created drivers for Windows Developers Preview, I suggest you update to the most current Windows 7 driver.
    If that doesn't work, they try to install in compatibility mode.

For the driver/drivers you downloaded use the compatibility troubleshooter to install them to see if that resolves the problem.
    You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• Windows8 is still in a bugy state. You shouldn't make it your primary OS, as things like this can go wrong. I'd suggest reinstalling it.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:28 PM
  • If you haven't already done so, I suggest you update the drivers on your computer to the latest Windows 7 drivers.

Since the manufacturers have not created drivers for Windows Developers Preview, I suggest you update to the most current Windows 7 driver.
    If that doesn't work, they try to install in compatibility mode.

For the driver/drivers you downloaded use the compatibility troubleshooter to install them to see if that resolves the problem.
    You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:53 PM