install team fundation server problem RRS feed

• Question

• hi all 
    I want to install TFS workgroup edition on my server (A single-server deployment),in my server i installed sqlserver 2008 developer edition(Is correct?is right work instead of enterprise or standard edition),windows server 2003 R2 , IIS and integrated SP1 of TFS for install,i have a user(example : user4 )on my server (in  admin group) which login with that for install,and my network type is WorkGroup(Do I need a TFSSETUP user?) with all of these:when i start installation , in Team Foundation Database Server page when i type server name  and click next i have error that say me read Troubleshooting Installation of Team Foundation
    please help me
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If TFS 2008 does not recognize the SQL Server, in the Team Foundation Database page when you provide the valid SQL Server name, the TFS will display a message like the SQL Server could not be found. This is an indication that the SQL Server is not recognized.

When the TFS installation could not completed successfully screen comes up after the installation failure, there will be link to the log files. Clicking the link will open the logs. Otherwise you can browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server - ENU\Logs or equivalent.

Sanjeev Please remember to mark the replies as answers and vote as helpful if it provides the solution.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is recommended to use the SQL Server 2008 Standard or Enterprise Edition for the TFS 2008 installation.

Since TFS 2008 does not recognize the SQL Server 2008, it is slipstreamed with SP1. If your installation is not recognizing the SQL Server 2008 database, most likely the slipstreaming has some issues and you may want to re do the slipstreaming once again.

If you can share the setup logs, it will be easier to identify the issue and provide solutions.
    Sanjeev Please remember to mark the replies as answers and vote as helpful if it provides the solution.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:44 AM
  • thanks , but how do i know my installation recognizing the sql 2008 or no and  where can i find my setup logs ? i dont find it !!!!! 
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

If TFS 2008 does not recognize the SQL Server, in the Team Foundation Database page when you provide the valid SQL Server name, the TFS will display a message like the SQL Server could not be found. This is an indication that the SQL Server is not recognized.

When the TFS installation could not completed successfully screen comes up after the installation failure, there will be link to the log files. Clicking the link will open the logs. Otherwise you can browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server - ENU\Logs or equivalent.

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:21 AM