How to get Indesign.exe Process and use for my operation RRS feed

• Question

• User-1094374823 posted

Hello.

I developed a simple asp.net application that interact with Adobe InDesign.

My application create an instance of InDesign.Application CLASS, open file, export to pdf and close the file.

In local, visual studio 2008 sp1, .net3.5 works.

When I deploy asp.net application, I get an error Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {18207523-3CEA-4212-A829-14F7F5A3546B} failed due to the following error: 8004015 ON THIS ISTRUCTION: Dim indAppType As Type = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("InDesign.Application")

The prerequisite is that InDesign.exe must be open and I opened it.

In IIS 6 I set Virtual Directory in application pool with "MyUser" account configured as Authentication.

my code:

Protected Sub btnOpen(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles btnCreaPdf.Click
            Dim myDocument As InDesign.Document
            m_iErr = 1
            Dim layerCorrente As InDesign.Layer
            m_iErr = 2
            Try
                'System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Programmi\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe")
                'System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(150000)
                'm_iErr = 31

' create an InDesign instance
                Dim indAppType As Type = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("InDesign.Application") '!!!!!!!!!!!HERE ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                m_iErr = 31 
                m_app = DirectCast(Activator.CreateInstance(indAppType, True), InDesign.Application)
                'm_app = New InDesign.Application
                m_iErr = 3

'SOME OPERATION

Catch ex As Exception
                lblMex.Text += "ierr: " & m_iErr & "... " & ex.Message & vbNewLine
            End Try
        End Sub

thanks a lot!

Monday, June 24, 2013 8:30 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi magozeta

'System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Programmi\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe")

I would like to suggest you to deploy your web application with InDesign.exe using relative path, and check whether it is helpful to fix this issue,

hope it helps you,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:06 AM