none
EXCEL 2002 SP3 between Win XP and Vista Column width reverts back to default width RRS feed

• Question

• Well I used not to have this problem, but it is getting more frequent nowadays.
    1) My excel sheet has a couple of preset column widths size. As time progresses, the data entries becomes more, so I had to hide the column of cells. However the funny part is, the column width reverts back to the default width 8.43 whenever I un-hide the columns. At first I thought that I must have done something accidentally, so I re-set everything back to the preset column width and hide the data again.
    2) The next few times when I un-hide the columns, I notice that the problem surface again. It had been a headache trying to fix this over and over again. Is there any possible explaination to this because in the past it did not happen.
    3) The un-hide command is as follows: Go to FORMAT->Column->unhide.

I use 2 computers to operate the spread sheet from office and home. The one in office is win XP and the one at home is Vista. Both are running on the Excel 2002 versions.

I think I know how to curb the problem by TOOLS>PROTECTION>ALLOW USERS TO EDIT RANGES>SELECT ALL CELLS FOR EDITING AT TOP LEFT> CHECK ALL INSIDE PROTECT SHEET EXCEPT FOR COLUMNS.

**However this has not happened in the past. Can anyone offer me an explaination and ways to resolve it other than the above. I am skeptical about the above method because I have met with limitation in Combinational of cells, I am afraid that the above method may add on on to the combinational and corrupt the sheet.

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:43 AM