none
Where are the schemas for transaction set version 4060? RRS feed

• Question

• It was my understanding that R2 was supposed to have all the latest EDI transaction sets.  I just extracted the zip file located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\XSD_Schema\EDI\MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.exe and I do not see the 4060 transaction set.  My partner requires 820, 810, 864 and 997 for transaction set version 4060.  The closest transaction set version I found was 4050 in the folder named 00405.  Can I use the 4050 schemas and change the outbound version to 4060 through configuration?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Monish Nagisetty

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:52 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Monish,

R2 RTM does not ship with 4060 version. However there are a few workarounds. Usually the difference between subsequent release of schemas of a doc type (say doc type 850 of 4050 and 850 of 4060) is minimal. So you can

1. Deploy the 4050 schema as is and try to see if you are successful in processing documents from your partner.

2. Take 4050 schema, find out all the changes that took place in the 4060 schema for the specific doc type, change those in the 4050 schema and try to test it.

Let me know if you need any help

Thanks

Mohsin Kalam

www.mohsink.com - Blog about R2 EDI

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:08 PM

All replies

•  

Hello Monish,

R2 RTM does not ship with 4060 version. However there are a few workarounds. Usually the difference between subsequent release of schemas of a doc type (say doc type 850 of 4050 and 850 of 4060) is minimal. So you can

1. Deploy the 4050 schema as is and try to see if you are successful in processing documents from your partner.

2. Take 4050 schema, find out all the changes that took place in the 4060 schema for the specific doc type, change those in the 4050 schema and try to test it.

Let me know if you need any help

Thanks

Mohsin Kalam

www.mohsink.com - Blog about R2 EDI

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:08 PM
  • Mohsin:

We have the same problem.  We have tried copying the 4050 820 schema and renamed the root reference, standard version, node name and root node type name from "4050" to "4060".  However, when we do this all of the child nodes are duplicated and appended to the bottom.  This makes no sense ... but we fixed it and it still does not work.

Microsoft should provide 4060 schemas.  Period.  If not ... then they need to provide detailed instructions for making these changes. 

When you say "find out all the changes that took place" ... how exactly is one supposed to do this?  You would need to purchase a standards tool such as EDISIM / Foresight ( an excellent product ... but not cheap ) and then manually compare them.  Not a very nice approach. 

Any assistance with how to "clone and modify" schemas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 6, 2007 12:51 AM
  • Helmcj:

I managed to convert the 810 and 820 from the 4050 transaction set to the 4060 transaction set like you described above.  It was fairly simple and it took me about 5 - 10 minutes.  Ohh the issue you had about all the child nodes appending at the bottom, I wouldn't worry about fixing that manually.  It is just a issue with the schema designer in VS.  You could probably ignore it but there is a simple fix for it.  When you rename the root node and reset the root reference, make sure you also rename the displayroot_reference (highlighted below) using the XML Editor view of VS.  This will keep all the child nodes from falling out of place.

<xs:annotation>
        <xs:appinfo>
          <schemaEditorExtensionTongue TiedchemaInfo namespaceAlias="btsedi" extensionClass="Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.SchemaEditorExtension.EdiSchemaExtension" standardName="EDI" xmlnsTongue TiedchemaEditorExtension="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/SchemaEditorExtensions" />
          <bTongue TiedchemaInfo version="1.0" document_type="810" standard="EDI" standards_version="00406" root_reference="X12_00406_810" displayroot_reference="X12_00406_810" xmlns:b="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003" X12ConditionDesignator_Check="No" />
        </xs:appinfo>
      </xs:annotation>

As for you other issue, the important thing here to note is that in R2 the values in the ISA, GS AND ST segments can all be configured in the party property pages.  Since all references to transaction set versions exist in these segments, you don't have schema changes to worry about.  As long as you have the correct version set defined in the ISA12 under X12 Properties -> Party as Interchange Receiver -> X12 Interchange Envelope Generation -> ISA Segment Definition and also under the GS and ST segment definition you should be fine.

However, my notes above does not account for changes to specific segments such as BIG, NLoop1, etc within the schema.  In my case, our trading partner (TP) provided an implementation guide for 810 and 820.  I modified the schema accordingly and everything seems to be working ok.  I don't know if knowing the differences between 4050 and 4060 will really help you because most TPs implement the schema differently any way.  The key is to get the implementation guide from your TP.

If you have any specific errors you are running into, post them here.

Hope that helps.

Monish Nagisetty

Thursday, December 6, 2007 3:45 AM