how to do this ? ( see image) RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Not sure at all what the question is?
    Monday, August 29, 2016 5:25 PM
  • SEE AGAIN PLEASE !

msdn.yogesh

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:51 AM
  • Might be possible with IlMerge tools (google for info), but I would just put 3 files in a zip for people to download.

Most commercial programs have many dlls - this is not unusual or bad.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:35 PM
  • installed  successfully 

but there is no option(shortcut) on desktop , startmenu and all programs 

so how to use illmerge ?

msdn.yogesh

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:49 AM
  • download this soft. select Portablepackage.  it OK, but with Litdev.dll unsuccessful.   Slimdx.dll occurs error.  

https://ilmergegui.codeplex.com/downloads/get/1480740

* sample.exe ...  small basic IDNo: XJJ546

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:18 AM
    Answerer
  • yes...... yes       :) :)

its working 

thank you so much 

but normaly.....  exe files contain images, music and etc 

how can i include image in this single exe file 

msdn.yogesh

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:18 AM
  • but normaly.....  exe files contain images, music and etc 

how can i include image in this single exe file 

msdn.yogesh

you don't have to include image,music,....

Upload images , sounds... and use imagelist.loadimage(url)  ,    Sound.PlayAndWait(url) ...

see  this Duck shooting game ZGV096 (Jibbajabba's)

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:55 AM
    Answerer
  • For additional program resources (images, sounds, etc,) there's LDResources Class

to load/save them from/in a single 'application name'.sbres file in the application's directory.

An example is in LitDev's  '\other-samples\LDResources.sb'  (together with LDResources.sbres)

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:50 PM
    Answerer
  • Sir please explain step by step ? :)

msdn.yogesh

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:18 PM
  • Did you run and look at LitDev's  'LDResources.sb' example and look at the IntelliSense help for the 'LDResources.XXX'  commands?

The idea is: You can pack all your additonal resources (like images, sound files, text files, etc.) into a .sbres file:

(eg. MyApp.exe + MyApp.sbres sidebyside in the same directory). During runtime of your MyApp.exe you can load the needed resources from MyApp.sbres and use them in your program.

So you would have to additionally (IL)merge 'MyApp.sbres' together with all the other files into a single .exe and would'nt need any external resources.

PS: i did'nt try to ILMerge a .sbres with other files, it's just an idea. If ILMerge allows that, is another question, esp. if i see ... it OK, but with Litdev.dll unsuccessful....   above.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry !  but 

i am unable to use 'LDResources.xxx'  commands?

SO please give an example (with few lines coad)

Thank You !

msdn.yogesh

• Edited by msdn.yogesh Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:59 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:56 AM
  • Please,

Explain, what you're trying to accomplish?

My guess is, that you would like to provide a complete and runable single exe file of your app (together with all dependent assemblies and resources) for othersto download or so .... Is that the fact?

If so, why not pack it all together in a zip, rar archive? You could also search for "Create selfextracting archive sfx" or "iexpress.exe usage" etc.

The mentioned LDResources.sb (+ LDResources.sbres) is in LitDev_v1.2.zip\other-samples\LDResources.sb,

you downloaded for LitDev extension.

If you run it, just like it is, the 'Else' branch is executed, which loads (LDResources.Load) all the files/resources that are contained in LDResources.sbres, shows them by name (in TW), extracts, shows and plays them:

Program.Directory +"\test.txt"

ImageList1 is the car image (already loaded in ImageList)

%TEMP%\BigBang.wav    (you'll find this file after you comment out the line LDResources.CleanTemp() at the end)

If you set the first line to  'If ("True") Then'  , a new file LDResources.sbres will be created in Program.Directory with all the specified resources in the following lines (the paths have to exist of course on your system).

This sample shows all you need and i cannot give you more info about the commands as seeing by myself in IntelliSense. You just have to follow the sample line by line and look at the help in IntelliSense, to understand what it does.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:55 PM
    Answerer