none
Time dimension filter data in project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a 'Member selection filter' using project server cube (using dashboard designer) and added in dashboard. The filter is working fine. But the time dispaly is like, Quarter 1,..., Week 1..., Day1.... Say I have chosen Quarter 1 of 2010, but in the dashboard it is shown as Quarter 1 alone , so its confusing by seeing the dashboard, the data is of which year. Can I get this time filter data displayed in more understandable way?. Please help me how to achieve this?

Thanks, Lovely
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Lovely Rose 25,

The data in the filter is shown exactly as it is available from the data source (in this case the cube).

In the cube, the time dimension consists of 5 levels (Year, Quarter, Month, Week and Day). The Quarter level show all values as Quarter1, Quarter2, etc.

If you also want to show the Year with the Quarter, you need to modify the datasource (which is not possible in this case because it is the build-in cube), or you need to add a second Member Selection Filter (Year) on your dashboard. This way, you can select first the Year, followed by the quarter.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:40 AM