none
Reverse Number Lookup for Android RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this in another question that was already answered so I wanted to start a new one for better visibility. I've been looking into creating a Reverse Number Lookup app for Android and looked at the different protocols that MS provides to query the GAL.  As was mentioned in another question, you cannot search by phone number using the MS-ASCMD protocol, only name and email.  Is there another protocol that would let me search LDAP/GAL by phone number?  Maybe something with Exchange 2010 that isn't available in older versions?  I want to search by the normal phone number, not mobile number.

Regards,
    Mike Perrier

Friday, November 18, 2011 8:13 PM

Answers

• Mike,

Sorry for the delay in getting you an answer on the other forum.  The bottom line is that neither Active Sync nor Exchange Web Services allow this kind of operation.  LDAP and NSPI can do this.  It is important not to use LDAP if you intend to use Address Book Policies starting with E14 Service Pack 2. However, NSPI versus exchange 14 SP2 servers will work. 

I will post this to the other forum as well so the other forum participants can see it.

I hope this helps,

Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

• Marked as answer by MPerrier Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:15 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 9:30 PM