none
Deploy from VS in development - problem (BTS2013 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• We find that if we have maps from different projects in our solution, on one and the same sendport , that we cannot use the deploy from within VS. If we make sure that we only have maps from one project (=remove some on the port) then the deploy works.  Annoying that you have to remove maps/add them again , or even remove sendports, import them again.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Kind regards Isabelledc

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:38 AM

All replies

• What BizTalk version are you using and what CU you are on. ? Apply the latest CU on your dev and then try out.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool

LinkedIn: LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:52 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes, the solution is to make sure each solution is completely self contained, meaning it references no external artifacts.  This is a good practice in all scenarios and one of my unbreakable rules*.

This applies even if you have to have multiple copies of the same thing deployed, Schemas, Maps, processes, etc.

Each Visual Studio Solution should equal a BizTalk Administrator Application and be deployable, undeployable on it's own.

*There is one exception, 'common' Property Schemas since you never have to undeploy property schema, you can just deploy a new Assembly with new Properties.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:29 AM
  • HI,

Make sure you are on CU4 

That should solve the issue.

Below is the KB you should refer

KB3167704

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:39 AM
  • We are on CU4

Kind regards Isabelledc

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Our solution does equal a biztalk application.  We have 2 projects in our solution that both contain maps.

If we setup maps from these 2 projects (that are in the same solution) ...on one sendport : that's when the problem occurs.

Deploy complains that it cannot update the binding information on the sendport ...remove some maps so you only have maps from one project and there's no problem.....

Kind regards Isabelledc

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:36 AM
  • What is the exact error ..can you please share it??

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Check the Solution Configuration Manager (the little box that usually says Debug or Release) and make sure both projects have Deploy checked.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:28 AM
  • Every project has deploy checked....

if I put one of the maps on another 'dummy' port  I have just created...I can deploy ,no problem.

It's just when you put maps from different projects (in the same application) on one sendport that we have problems.  We are moving from bts2006 to bts2013 and are splitting 1 big map-project into more separate ones , maps grouped depending on the source-system...that's why we didn't have problems before.

Can't believe we are the only ones that ran into this...perhaps no one deploys from VS :-)

Kind regards Isabelledc

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:29 PM

• Kind regards Isabelledc

• Edited by isabelledc Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:31 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Can't believe we are the only ones that ran into this...perhaps no one deploys from VS :-)

Can you elaborate on this??

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:34 PM
  • That error is actually a different situation.

Did you change the Type Name of that Map?  The reason it fails for that is when there's a Map type on a Port, but not in the current Deployment.  So, the temp biding files reference a Type that no longer exists.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:55 PM
  • No type name of the map has not been changed....

Kind regards Isabelledc

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:43 AM
  • No type name of the map has not been changed....

Kind regards Isabelledc

Can you delete the temp cached Binding files from 

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\Deployment\BindingFiles folder and try again

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool

LinkedIn: LinkedIn

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:50 AM
    Answerer