none
RequestDeviceNotifications with COM-Ports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I currently trying to get notifications upon changes on all COM interfaces. I therefore used RequestDeviceNotifications with DEVCLASS_STREAM_GUID to get the job done. Unfortunately some COM interfaces aren't recognized with that. Are there any prerequesites in order to get a COM driver listed? Or is there a special GUID for COM interfaces that should be used with RequestDeviceNotifications?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Peter
    Friday, January 18, 2013 12:58 PM

Answers

• First of all I would pass to RequestDeviceNotifications CE_DRIVER_SERIAL_PORT_GUID since you're interested in serial ports only.

Try adding to registry keys of the drivers that do not show up the "IClass" value :

"IClass"="{f8a6ba98-087a-43ac-a9d8-b7f13c5bae31}"; This is DEVCLASS_STREAM_GUID

In case you follow my suggestion going for CE_DRIVER_SERIAL_PORT_GUID you will need:

"IClass"="{CC5195AC-BA49-48a0-BE17-DF6D1B0173DD}" ; this is CE_DRIVER_SERIAL_PORT_GUID 

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by pkuebler Friday, January 18, 2013 3:08 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 2:23 PM

All replies

• First of all I would pass to RequestDeviceNotifications CE_DRIVER_SERIAL_PORT_GUID since you're interested in serial ports only.

Try adding to registry keys of the drivers that do not show up the "IClass" value :

"IClass"="{f8a6ba98-087a-43ac-a9d8-b7f13c5bae31}"; This is DEVCLASS_STREAM_GUID

In case you follow my suggestion going for CE_DRIVER_SERIAL_PORT_GUID you will need:

"IClass"="{CC5195AC-BA49-48a0-BE17-DF6D1B0173DD}" ; this is CE_DRIVER_SERIAL_PORT_GUID 

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by pkuebler Friday, January 18, 2013 3:08 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Hi Luca,

first of all thanks for the fast response.

I got it work. Adding the right IClass value solved my problem. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Peter

Friday, January 18, 2013 3:08 PM