none
"No supported USB 3.0 ports found" - Error while using Kinect v2 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought the Xbox One sensor and the Kinect adapter for Windows for application development. I am using a Gigabyte 970a DS3P mobo with onboard USB 3.0 ports. Processor - AMD FX6300, RAM - 8GB, GPU - Nvdia GT730 2GB DDR3(Direct X11 compatible). When I am running the Kinect Configuration Verifier Tool two things come in red.

First, it says - "No supported USB 3.0 ports found" even though I have connected the sensor to USB 3.0 ports.

Second it also says - "Insufficient depth frames received".(or insufficient frame rates, something like this)

Third - The sensor stays on for few seconds and goes off and comes back on. This happens all throughout.

Lastly - While running the SDK samples Audio Basics(anything related to audio) and Color Basics(anything related to Color camera) never work.

Kindly let me know what all changes I need to make in order to get full performance from my sensor. Also if this is related to a dedicated USB 3.0 Controller issue please explain how I can implement that in my present system. Will using a USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card help? If yes then which brand/model that will be compatible with my mobo.

Note:- I don't connect to the internet while using my Kinect sensor and have no other devices on the second USB 3.0 port that I have.

Monday, April 6, 2015 2:51 PM

All replies