none
Exchange forwarding to SQL table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

First of all, let me start by saying that I am not a programmer, but a systems administrator.

I was wondering how can one fetch e-mail messages from an Exchange 2013 user's mailbox and drop its attributes (like From, Subject, Body, To, etc) into a SQL Server 2012 database table.

Preferably, without coding and without third parties. Maybe, something like PowerShell or a SQL Server funcion...

Has anyone here ever needed this?

I've Googled without luck. Also, I know a solution involving forwarding to a mailbox under a Postfix (GNU/Linux) system and MySQL Server, but this would mean adding complexity to the overall solution.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Bruno Martins

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:58 PM

All replies

• Good luck. 

The only options I know of are to code something yourself using a combination of EWS and whatever SQL developer tools are out there or finding someone else to do that for you.  There is no native forward an email to SQL and SQL ingests it tool.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:26 PM
  • Hi Hinte,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'll try to check with my programmers.

Cheers,

Bruno

Friday, March 11, 2016 12:13 PM