Checking my database for existing data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have inherited a Visual Studio project from a previous work colleague, which is basically a program that enables our department to 'book in' all our jobs, and assign staff to them, etc. As well as handle all our leave,etc.

The program uses visual studio, connected to an access database (with a dataset).

From what i can see the connections have been set up using the 'tableadapter confiquration wizard', to create all the SQL statements,

What i am trying to sort out now, is that when a particular job is booked in, and staff assigned to it, i need to be able to check that the staff are not already booked out on another job, or on leave, and so on.

As the data is being entered, how do i go about checking the database to see if there are clashes with existing data stored int he database?

I am new to database programming, so please tell me if i have not made it clear to you,

Thanks

Monday, July 16, 2007 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is for Visual Studio extensibility (macros, add-ins, packages, etc) not for general or database programming questions, there are other forums for that.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:54 AM