none
Xbox 360 sensor and USB 3.0 contoller not recognized. RRS feed

• Question

• So, I've installed the SDK 1.7 update and the v2 sensor software. I'm getting an error that my system does not have a USB 3.0 port, and therefore I am unable to connect to the Kinect. I can pull audio from the sensor with windows, so it appears the system is partially recognized, and my motherboard as a USB 3.0 port included. I am running a GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P motherboard what has 3 USB 3.0 ports on board. I'm including a screenshot of the configuration verifier and my device manager settings. I would appreciate some advice on where to progress on this, it's puzzling me. BTW, I'm running Windows 10Pro x64.  Thanks in advance. I actually cannot attach an image until my account gets verified.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hello I think that you might be mixing few unrelated things together.

SDK 1.7 can be used with Xbox 360 Kinect and does not require USB3. Almost any unutilized (by other devices) USB2 should work.

If you have Kinect for Xbox One / Kinect 2 For Windows then it requires Kinect v2 SDK and is picky with the USB3 controllers.

According to the manufacturer's specification your motherboard has VIA VL805 USB3 controller which might not work with the Kinect 2 sensor. See Confirmed list of USB 3.0 controllers thread to pick a expansion card with a controller that is reported to work with the sensor. You can also refer to the Troubleshooting and Common issues guide to get through any problem that may arise even with a supported controller.                       

Friday, December 25, 2015 5:42 PM