Execute coded UI Test using Nunit framework or vice-versa RRS feed

• Question

• facing issue while execute coded ui test from nunit framework.

both project in same solution but while trying to execute Coded ui test from Nunit [Test method] its throwing

exception :"Technology not supported exception"

Test Name:         testNUnitMtd

Test FullName:   NUnit.TestNUnit.testNUnitMtd

Test Source:       C:\Users\ngarg1\source\repos\CodedUIAndNUnit\NUnit\UnitTest1.cs : line 39

Test Outcome:   Failed

Test Duration:    0:00:03.153

Result StackTrace:          

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.ValidateSearchProperties()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.FindInternal()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.FindControlIfNecessary()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.DrawHighlightPrivate()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.<DrawHighlight>b__174_0()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.CodedUITestMethodInvoker.InvokeMethod[T](Func`1 function, UITestControl control, Boolean firePlaybackErrorEvent, Boolean logAsAction)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.DrawHighlight()

at CodedUI.CodedUITest1.CodedUITestMethod1() in C:\Users\ngarg1\source\repos\CodedUIAndNUnit\CodedUI\CodedUITest1.cs:line 35

at NUnit.TestNUnit.testNUnitMtd() in C:\Users\ngarg1\source\repos\CodedUIAndNUnit\NUnit\UnitTest1.cs:line 46

Result Message:              

System.ArgumentException : The following is not a valid technology name: MSAA. To search for a control, you must specify a valid technology name.

Parameter name: TechnologyName

Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi vishnu prakash balotiya,

If possible, you could share the main code about how you really run your coded UI test in your Nunit test. Please also share me the real VS version. I will try to repro this issue in my side.

As far as I know, we could run the coded UI test with the winform or console app before:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/378d65f8-4296-459d-996a-d8d60b0f0625/run-coded-ui-test-from-owncustom-executable?forum=vsautotest

But Nunit test doesn't support it:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef77627b-6802-44e3-928e-434f1901e152/running-coded-ui-tests-with-resharpernunit-will-not-locate-silverlight-components?forum=vsautotest

Anyway, you could share me your sample, I will test it in my side using the same Environment as yours.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 2, 2018 5:29 AM