Lightswitch web site failing with "target of invocation" error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VS 2013 Lightswitch app with Silverlight UI running in the browser.  The app is published to a windows azure basic web site. The database is SQL Azure.  This app was published in 1/2014 and has been running daily with no issues.  On 1/29/2015 a user called with the error: "An error occurred while running the screen.  Error details: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.".  The user is able to login and see the UI, but selecting any option to view/edit data either gets red x's over the data fields or gets the error.  

I can connect and query the database from VS ok.  I published the application to a new azure web site and get the same error on the new web site. 

There have been no changes to the app since it was installed in 1/2014 except for a change to web.config to fix timeout on the forms in 12/2014. 

This app is not using any 3rd party components. 

I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:01 PM

Answers

• The problem that Michael posted about has been patched, so this shouldn't be the issue.  You should be able to debug the exception that is occurring on the Azure web site.  This blog post demonstrates how to do this:

Azure Web Site Enhancements

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

• Proposed as answer by ADefwebserver Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:12 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 2:36 PM

All replies