The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps, Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP]Windows Phone 10 signing with custom certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i am developing a Universal Windows app for Windows Phone 10 using Apache Cordova tools. When it comes to signing the app i am able to select the certificate i want to use to sign with but i get an error stating the certificate is not valid for signing. This certificate was valid when i developed a Windows 8.1 Phone app but not with this. Is there something different with certificates being used for Universal Windows Apps if so what do i need to change or do i need a new certificate for this type of App.
    • Edited by Krunal Parekh Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:25 AM subject
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:56 PM

Answers

• I have found a way to resolve  my problem i changed a config in the jsproj files (eg CordovaApp.phone.jsproj under platforms/windows) to not sign the app package (AppxPackageSigningEnabled) when building. I also altered build.json to set the publisher id to match my certificate and i would sign the app independently using the 'signtool.exe'
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathanael Dennis,

I am trying to involve someone with more knowledge regarding this issue i will update you once i get more information. 

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh 

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:29 AM
  • Hi Nathanael Dennis,

>>When it comes to signing the app i am able to select the certificate i want to use to sign with but i get an error stating the certificate is not valid for signing

Let's make a quick test, could you please create a UWP WINJS project and use this certificate, let's see the result.

Actually, you will find the WINJS project under platforms folder, you can open this project directly to narrow down issue.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 11, 2016 9:19 AM
  • I have found a way to resolve  my problem i changed a config in the jsproj files (eg CordovaApp.phone.jsproj under platforms/windows) to not sign the app package (AppxPackageSigningEnabled) when building. I also altered build.json to set the publisher id to match my certificate and i would sign the app independently using the 'signtool.exe'
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:34 PM