none
Single Sign On to external application not working RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are trying to use Sharepoint SSO to enable single sign-on for two sites A and B. Site A is a Sharepoint Site, and Site B is an external site (asp.net/ASP/HTML Web Site). Both the sites are Windows Authenticated.

After we login to Site A (Sharepoint Site), there is a link to Site B. When we click this link we are prompted again for login/password. Apparently, single sign-on is not working in this case.

We have gone through the Single Sign On Settings in the Central Administration of Share point server. What is the typical usage scenario for Sharepoint SSO? Could someone please point us in the right direction? Any pointers to documentation, examples or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sangeeth

Monday, March 10, 2008 12:10 PM

All replies

• Out of box Moss does't have an option to access external application. :=)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:31 AM
  • If both sites are Windows Auth, are you using the same credentials on both applications?

If so you should not need SSO, you should just set both as trusted sites in IE.

No need for SSO.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 5:53 PM
  • Thanks.

Yes what you said is correct. ie by setting as trusted site will work.

but this has its own limitation

ie.

assume that User A has logged into Windows .in my sharepoint portal User B has logged in. now if the user B tries to access the external application he will be able to access even though he doesn't have permission to the external application. this is because external application will be taking the windows login (User A)

i hope i was able to address my problem.

Sorry if i confused.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:32 PM