is there a gridview event that runs when the ItemsSource source is updated?

Question

• I'm using the FileInformationFactory GetVirtualizedFilesVector to display all the images in my project in a gridview. now I let the user pick a file and copy it to my project's folder by using CopyAsync. what I want to do is disable the gridview, show a progressRing and whan the file is copyed and the gridview is updated to select it in the gridview and enable it.

I've tried to do this with the create_task(...).then() but it runs too early (I guess the file is copyed quickly, but the grid is updated afterwards), so I'm looking for event that runs after the grid has been updated

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, you can try to use GetVirtualizedFilesVector and set it as the source of listview or gridview control. It will be faster then load them directly.

Please follow this sample code

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Data-source-adapter-sample-3d32e535

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:33 AM
  • I wrote that I'm using GetVirtualizedFilesVector, I've followed that exact sample code but I have another problem that I'm updating the folder with new files and I want some code to run when the gridview is updated accordingly
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:36 AM