none
Error Service ADSync was not found on computer '.'. Azure Connect under Windows 2016 Standard

Question

• Good Morning,I'm facing the error described on the title of this question when trying to connect the SharePoint 2016 machine (standalone installation) under Windows 2016 Standard (evaluation copy, 180 days). I've read that there are some prerequesites required to mak this work, and I believe I have done all off them.

Besides that, my machine is running under VM Ware Fusion 8.5.3 (8Gbs RAM, 3 cores) (MAC late 2013).

I add the log I receive:

[08:35:44.713] [  1] [INFO ] ServiceControllerProvider: verifying ADSync is in state (Running)
    [08:35:44.994] [  1] [ERROR] Caught an exception while creating the initial page set on the root page.
    Exception Data (Raw): System.InvalidOperationException: Service ADSync was not found on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateNames()
       at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_ServiceName()
       at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
       at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
       at Microsoft.Online.Deployment.Framework.Providers.ServiceControllerProvider.IsServiceInState(String serviceName, ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus)
       at Microsoft.Online.Deployment.OneADWizard.Runtime.Stages.DetectInstalledComponents.Execute(String& message, GlobalContext existingContext, Boolean& isPasswordSyncSupported)
       at Microsoft.Online.Deployment.OneADWizard.UI.WizardPages.RootPageViewModel.GetInitialPagesCore()
       at Microsoft.Online.Deployment.OneADWizard.UI.WizardPages.RootPageViewModel.GetInitialPages()

Obviously, I have an Office 365 account to which I would like to connect via Azure AD Connect.

Finally, I  have to say that my On-Prem AD machine is running Windows 2008 R2 and that the AD Connect version is the current last one:  Application Version: 1.1.380.0

Thanks for your help.

Friday, March 3, 2017 7:51 AM

All replies