Databinding control properties. RRS feed

• Question

• User1214340414 posted

I have database of restaurant addresses that I would like to be able to access using the browser on my cell phone. I have set up a form with the controls that I would like on it and I set the properties for the controls manually to test it and I looks fine.  Now I would like to remove the manually set property values and be able to set the properties dynamically from data in dataset named Addresses. 

I believe I would start with:

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

If Not IsPostBack Then

Dim ta As New AddressesTableAdapters.AddressesTableAdapter

Dim dt As New Addresses.AddressesDataTable

ta.Fill(dt)

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

From here on I'm not sure how to write the database values into the text properties of the following form controls.

<mobile:Form ID="China" Runat="server">

<mobile:Link ID="Link14" Runat="server" Alignment="Center" NavigateUrl="#Home" SoftkeyLabel="Home"

StyleReference="title">phonetag.info</mobile:Link>

<mobile:Label ID="Label11" Runat="server" Alignment="Center" StyleReference="title">China</mobile:Label>

<mobile:TextView ID="TextView1" Runat="server" Alignment="Center" Font-Size="Small">2816 Washington Road</mobile:TextView>

<mobile:TextView ID="TextView2" Runat="server" Alignment="Center" Font-Size="Small">Augusta, GA 30909</mobile:TextView>

<mobile:TextView ID="TextView3" Runat="server" Alignment="Center">

<a href="wtai://wp/mc;7067388998">706-738-8998</a>

</mobile:TextView>

<mobile:TextView ID="TextView4" Runat="server" Alignment="Center" Font-Size="Small">

<a href="wtai://wp/ap;7067388998;China">Add to Your Contacts</a>

</mobile:TextView><mobile:TextView ID="TextView6" Runat="server" Alignment="Center" Font-Size="Small">

Description

</mobile:TextView>

</mobile:Form>

Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:06 PM

All replies

• User-368580566 posted

One way to do it is to create a panel on your page. Then in the code loop through the datatable creating and filling the controls and adding them to the panel.

Something like this:

Dim body_txt As MobileControls.TextView

For Each row As DataRow In dt.Rows

body_txt = New MobileControls.TextView

body_txt.Text = row("ColumnName").ToString

body_Panel.Controls.Add(body_txt)

Next

Thursday, August 3, 2006 8:52 AM