none
Individual developer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I do not know if my question is in the correct forum ! (not found a best one)

I am used to develop my own individual applications for my only own usage on my local computers (laptop & desktop).
    Until, I develop on VS 2010 Ultimate without problems following these guide lines :

1. develop & test with vs 2010
    2. once the application is ok, I install it on my PCs as a normal application.

Question :

Can i use the same route as above to develop metro applications ? (also for my only own usage on my local computers)
       without going with certificates, windows store, developer licence/certificate & all this new "get my money" garbage from MS ?

Thank you in advance for a positive answer, hopelessly !!!

jm.dessaintes --- Belgium

Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi jmdess,

In order to create Metro apps you will need to download both the Release Preview as well VS 2012 Express RC.  Both can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516.

Yes, you can follow the same process that you mentioned above.  However you will need to start a developers license when you start your app.  You will need to renew this when the expiration time comes around. For further details on the license portion, please read over the provided link.

Hope this answers your question.

Joe-

Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:32 PM
  • Ok thank you.

I will go to the url you give above.

But until now I have nowhere seen how I can install and run, VS 2012 (rc) NOT launched, a metro app I developed locally !

jm

Friday, June 8, 2012 10:42 AM
  • If you deploy the app from within Visual Studio (which is what happens automatically whenever you start within VS), it'll create a tile on your start screen and you can run it as if it were installed normally. You'd just have to restart Visual Studio once you get some licensing error, so that VS updates your developer license.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:17 AM