Change Report List Border Color Dynamically RRS feed

• Question

• User1442286028 posted

I have a report and in the body are a series of list to group the data.  I can change text color no problem based on the value, but what I would like to do is change the Border Color based and values.  I have gone to the Border color property and added an expression, but it does not alter the border color based on field values.

I have

= iif(Fields!AmountOfContribution.Value < 70, "Green", "Red")

and regardless of the the vale in AmountOfContribtion it always gives me a green border.

If I put the same code in a text box of the list I do get the proper text.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:05 PM

All replies

• User-624088818 posted

Try like below 

= iif(cint(Fields!AmountOfContribution.Value)< 70, "Green", "Red")

Monday, February 7, 2011 7:00 AM
  • User1442286028 posted

Nope no good, get the same result.  can you not change the boarder color dynamically?  I can change text color inside the list correctly with the code, but I am unablt to get the border color to match. 

Monday, February 7, 2011 8:25 AM
  • User-830595639 posted

Hi,

Please write your expression by selecting the text box and then press F4, this will bring you the property for the particular text box and there in the bordercolor write your expression, this will work perfectly.

If you try to write your expression by right clicking on the text and then going on to property which brings you the property window for the particular text box, then it will not work.

Thanks

Nishant

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:10 AM
  • User1442286028 posted

I am trying to change the boarder color of the list.  I can change text color inside teh list, but when I create a board around the list I am unable to dynamcialy change the color with the same code in the boarder color of the list.

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:35 AM